- While I stood, still terrified, waiting on my first literary agent appointment with Mary Sue Seymour, two women, Stacey Monton and Valerie Comer, approached me and asked if I was okay. I replied that no, I was very nervous. The two of them wrapped me in a bear hug and prayed over me. I learned that this is not unusual behavior when almost 700 Christians get together to talk about Christian fiction.
- Buoyed by my personal prayer support, I had a great meeting with Ms. Seymour. She asked for the 1st 50 pages & synopsis of Gold Earrings, the 1st 50 pages & synopsis of my next book, Colonial Dream, and the manuscript & synopsis for A Time to Choose !
- My next appointment was with Ramona Richards of Abingdon Press. She wants to see Colonial Dream when it's done.
- While waiting for my next appointment, I struck up conversation with Jessica Kirkland, another 1st time attender. (We were all labeled with a brown ribbon that declared "First Time Attender.") She asked me what I was pitching (trying to sell). So I gave her my pitch, then she asked if I had a one sheet. I gave one to her. It was then that I realized she was also an agent! She took my one sheet and first 3 chapters for A Time to Choose, my series proposal,and a copy of Gold Earrings.
- My last appointment on Friday was with Melissa Endlich, editor for Love Inspired (a division of Harlequin). She wanted my complete manuscript of A Time to Choose!
- My appointment on Saturday was with Joyce Hart of Hartline Literary Agency. She seemed to be the agent for most of the people I met over this weekend event! She also wants to see Colonial Dream first.
I am happy to report that my manuscript has been sent to Love Inspired and all my 'stuff' has been sent to Mary Sue Seymour. I spent last week trying to put together the first 50 pages of a novel I started and wrote various chapters for in the 1990s! This work also required converting the word documents to .docx files!!
So God is working in my life to encourage me to pursue my childhood dream of being an author. He is also allowing me to write His message in my writing. Jeremiah 29:11